Monday, June 17, 2013

Teapot is back!

The blackout is over and the service is running normally again since Wednesday, June 12.  I made ​​a complete reinstallation of the teapot on another SD card (Class 10). It also helped me to correct some of my previous post.

At first sight the origin of the bug was data corruption in the file system. I had been able to reboot the system from the original SD card after doing some repairs with the e2fsck command, but I decided to reinstall anyway.

The uptime has been little affected by the quick connection of my Raspberry Pi spare. The power consumption measured at the end of the month will be slightly impacted, because I had not reconnected the power meter during the blackout.

Monday, June 10, 2013

Teapot is down - debugging in progress

My teapot crashed yesterday. From this moment, I'm using an backup of my system with my spare Raspberry Pi.

I can't lie, this Raspberry Pi isn't in a teapot. I'll post again as soon as possible. When the teapot will be Up again.

My first diagnostic is a crash of the SD Card, but i'm not sure of that.

Thursday, June 6, 2013

IR thermometer received

I just received my IR thermometer, and I started to play with it.

The quality of the product feels astonishingly good for a so cheap product. The touch of the plastic and the grip are nice. Usage is very simple: just aim and pull the trigger. Other buttons allow you to switch between Fahrenheit and Celsius, to turn off the laser and to backlight the screen.

Now I need time to measure my various power supply, using a minimal protocol. Meanwhile, this tool is awesome, I spent a good time to measure the world around me: light bulb, coffee, fridge and freezer, wine ...

For example, this pot of ice!

And when everything was measured, thanks to its laser pointer, and its pistol grip (and a little imagination) can still exploring uncharted worlds armed of this phaser.

"Beam me up, Scotty"

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Raspberry Pi power consumption - Fifth month

June 2, nearly an half year after the beginning of my Raspberry Pi power consumption study.

The total consumption since the beginning of the year is 9,1 kWh. The total power consumption for May was 2 kWh. That's a 0,2 kWh more than my usual per month consumption. Maybe my new power adapter is the cause.

Uptime of the Teapot is 99,7%.

1817 unique visitors were on the teapot in May.

crédit photo: By Timo Newton-Syms from Helsinki, via Wikimedia Commons