What is better than cooking some traditional Pacman cakes to celebrate Easter in feasting?
Here is my recipe for Pacman cookies.
- 200g sugar
- 125g butter
- 3 eggs
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons of orange blossom water ("eau de fleur d'oranger" is more beautifull)
- 1 teaspoon of yeast
- Flour (the presize amount is measured by feeling, yes french kitchen is art!)
- dried Raisins
- Melt butter
- Mix the sugar with the melted butter
- Break the eggs in trying to keep a yellow side. You have three tries, the remaining yellow will be used to fry the cakes.
- Mix the eggs
- Add oil and orange blossom water
- Mix the yeast with a little flour
- Add flour an knead. Continue to add flour while kneading until you get a compact ball of dough (here is the secret).
- Roll the dough and cut the shapes (with a glass to round and a knife to cut the mouth)
- Add a quarter of a raisin to the eye
- Basting brush with the egg yellow mixed with a little milk
- Bake at 150 ° C for at least 20 minutes watching so it does not burn